In this episode: Today, from Down Under, we welcome Katryna Dow, CEO & Founder of Meeco, a company that is on a mission to help you retain your data sovereignty. “It’s your life. It’s your data. You own it.”
Most conversations around Big Data are from the marketing angle of how brands can benefit from that data. However, as individuals, if you could retain control over who uses that data and how it is used, wouldn’t that shift your perspective? Do we assume that we give it away freely because we think we have no choice in the matter?
Katryna believes that your data and information belong to you, and that you should be able to control the picture your data paints of your life and what’s important to you. Derived from this belief (and a healthy concern of the picture of future personal advertising, painted in the movie, Minority Report), she created Meeco as a way to empower individuals to retain control of your data’s value exchange.
- Your data is a form of valuable currency, you shouldn’t just give it away.
- Your data as an enabler and form of empowerment.
- How can you benefit from the insights your own data can reveal to you about yourself?
- When you control your own data, brands will be forced into offering you a better CX (customer experience).
- The emergence of personal terms and conditions of data exchange – set by YOU.
- How do you get younger generations like Gen Z to care about their data?
- How does this fit into the BYOD (bring your own device) scenario at the workplace?
- And much, MUCH more…!
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Reach Katryna Dow via Twitter: http://katrynadow.me/
or LinkedIn: https://au.linkedin. com/in/katrynadow or via my blog http://katrynadow.me/
- Reach out to Penelope Hogan, leader of Meeco’s “Meeps” community: Penelope.Hogan@Meeco.me
- Maarten Leyts who is the CEO and Founder of Trendwolves http://
trendwolves.com/ a digital agency in Europe that focuses on youth culture. Maarten can be contacted at email@example.com or https://twitter.com/leyts and https://www.linkedin.com/ in/maartenleyts
- http://www.purematter.com/futureofwork – To learn more about the Future of Work project by PureMatter, sponsored by IBM #NewWayToWork
- IBM Social Business, Future of Work Futurists on YouTube
In today’s ever-changing world of social business and digital transformation, staying up to date with cutting edge technology and best practices is not easy. Here’s your chance to ask industry leaders all of your questions! Get relevant advice from those who know best… Call Collaborative IQ Podcast at (855) 768-3553. Leave a voice mail question to be selected for a future show.
OR go to my website, DeniseHolt.com, click on the tab that says, “Send Voicemail” on the right side of the window, and record a voicemail message of your question directly using your computer microphone or mobile device!
Thanks for joining us!